Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Candy Cane Mice

Ever since I got Martha Stewarts Handmade Holiday Crafts I've been dying to make these guys. I made a couple of adjustments. I used bobbly wobbly eyes and folded the ears ... ... while hooking the candy cane through the ear loop at the back - which made them perk up a little. The mice are in browns and greys, with little red rudolph noses and colored ear inserts which match the color of their tails.They are just as cute as I dreamed they would be.
UPDATE & TIP: If giving these guys as a gift to children - put them in a cellophane bag - little fingers rip these apart quicker than you can say quick. They also make cute Christmas tree decorations.

6 comments:

dottycookie said...

Ohm those ears are a definite improvement - very cute indeed!

Sue said...

Those would make excellent party favors for a school party.

Unknown said...

These are great as a classroom project with my fourth graders! Even as pencil toppers!

hetty said...

OMG! Those are sooooo cute!

Thimbleanna said...

Awwww, those are super cute -- what a fun idea!

Paper and the Pea said...

So adorable! :)